Search This Blog

September 18, 2011

Hypnotherapy is Dream Work


I recently had something of an epiphany … 
 
As you may know, I have been working with dreams for about 25 years. I have taught others how they can use the same techniques I use to decipher dreams. If you’re one of my students, you know how amazing it feels when you tap into the meaning of your own dreams. The ‘aha!’ moment is incredible, isn’t it?

Some may say I’m a dreamer … but I’m not the only one.” – John Lennon

This is what I love! When a person gets the big “AHA!” it just makes my day! Because I KNOW they’ve found their own answer! The next step is then clear. And that changes everything!

Our dreams are there to help and guide us. 
And they’ll show you how to transform your life – if you let them!

I know because I pay serious attention to my dreams. To me they’re not “just dreams.” They are post-cards from the Universe, messages from my higher self. Or beyond. 

Who wouldn’t listen to their dreams if they knew this?

Now, in hindsight it’s a no-brainer, but I realized something recently. And it really took me by surprise! I thought, WHY haven’t I seen this before?

What I hadn’t realized is that working with dreams has developed in me a kind of second-sense. I thought it was just a knack for noticing patterns. Either way, it has served me very well in my work as a hypnotherapist by helping me notice things going on in the background.

If I’m guiding a client through a process I’m always reading between the lines because I know … “what just happened” isn’t JUST what just happened.

When I’m the student in a classroom learning some new process or technique, I need to know “why?” If I don’t get the ‘why’ all the how-to falls out of my head three days after the course!

Okay, so I just don’t have that great a memory for process. But this way of perceiving things gives me ‘the why’. 

And when I get ‘the why’ I always know what to do next. Because it just makes sense.

Dream work has always been a spiritual practice for me. I love dream working. I love teaching dream working. I love working with other people’s dreams. And that was the epiphany. Dream working is my JOY!

Duh.

But wait! Just getting that I then had to ask myself a question. 

“Self,” I said, “If dreams are my joy, why-oh-WHY am I doing hypnotherapy?”

And my Self answered, (as she always does), “Hypnotherapy IS dream work, dummy!”

Okay, so I added the ‘dummy’ part myself. But that’s when I knew I had to teach this stuff to other hypnotherapists. So they could use dream working to get better results, thereby raising the bar on their personal best. And, as a result, raise the bar on the profession.

As William Shatner would say, "Is that weird, or what?”  

Actually, not really. If you look to the Shamanic tradition you’ll find it makes perfect sense. They believed there are three kinds of dreams. Night dreams. Day dreams. And THIS dream! And as a hypnotherapist, I routinely work with all three!

So hypnotherapy really IS dream work!

Think about it! What do we do? We teach people how to use their minds to heal the dream they have been living (and sometimes it’s a real nightmare) so they can begin to live a better dream.

The dream they want.

The dream they really want. That allows them more freedom and joy.

So I’m going to embrace my joy. And do MORE of what brings me joy.

“I hope one day you will join me …” – John Lennon

How about ... May 2012 on Vancouver Island, BC?   
Dream working for hypnosis professionals.
  • Discover the WHY’s to regression hypnotherapy.(It just makes sense!)
  • Become a Dream Coach and Dream Healer.
  • Learn how you can make more money by teaching self-hypnosis and dream working classes.
  • Have a blast making new friends!
  • Discover how much you already DO know!
  • And how you can use it to be a better hypnotherapist!

2 comments:

Craig Homonnay said...

I will be there Wendie
It was because of the Dream Work you did with me that opened up a whole new life for me .....I have done a lot of Hypnotherapy sessions with some of the best in the world and dont get me wrong ...we had some great results ...but nothing like the shift I experienced from our dream work session .....So I will definetly be there in May !
Craig Homonnay

Wendie Webber said...

I'm really looking forward to dream "playing" with you some more, Craig! And tell your friends! I need help filling this class so I plan to make a ridiculously KUR-AY-ZEE offer in November. (Notice I skillfully avoided the word "amazing"?) ; - )